Moving a child

Vancouver, WA |

my daughter will start kinder fall of 2012. currently her mom and i live in the same district but she is moving to another disrict. I have not been notified of the move formally and she has not filed the proper paper work with the courts. what can I do about her not informing me of the move ie. when and where my daughter will be living and with whom. the parenting plan states "if the person with whom the child resides with a majority of the time plans to move, that person shall give notice to every person entitled to court ordered time with the child" she has not done this and my daughter says they are "packing up for a new apartment"

also, reguarding the school district portion of the move, the PP states "if the move is outside the childs school distric, the relocating parent must give

Your daughter's mother is relocating your daughter to a new district. She is required to give you timely notice of the relocation. You have 30 from when you received the notice to object to the relocation and/ or move to modify the parenting plan. There are 11 factors in determining whether or not a relocation will be allowed under RCW 26.09.520. The presumption is that the relocation will be allowed, but the objecting party can rebut that presumption. A relocation is grounds for revisiting the PP, so you may want to consider modifying in order to maximize visitations depending on how far your daughter is moving. Relocations do get complicated, and I strongly suggest you consult with a local attorney right away. I offer one free hour long consultations, as do many other attorneys. Feel free to call our office at 360-737-1492 if you want to schedule a consultation. Best of luck!