Moved to NC with WA state DUI record. How can you clean up record and and get NC driving license?

Asked almost 4 years ago - Raleigh, NC

My friend moved to NC. 1) He has past DUI from WA state, along with charges for driving with suspended liscense. 2) He has been to court and performed required classes/services and has no felonies but 3) owes $10K fines he cannot pay. He is looking for work and trying to make fresh start. How can he proceed to clean up record and possibly get NC liscense? Is WA state recipriocal to NC? Fees are also a big issue.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Sam Louis Levine

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . The WA state matters are still outstanding & need to be cleared up & resolved. You should consult with both an attorney in Washington state as well as North Carolina.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,369 answers this week

2,725 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary