Moved and need new i751 lawyer for interview

My i-751 case has already been filed with a lawyer in Ga but I have moved to Tx for a job. Infopass appointment stamped my passport for 6 months after one year extension expired and advised interview will be scheduled. As case has already been filed and supporting evidence sent with initial lawyer in different state,, is 1500.00 dollars a reasonable cost for a new lawyer to show up at an interview?

Houston, TX -

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

Yes, it is, considering that the lawyer will also have to familiarize him/herself with your entire file and possibly also prepare you for the upcoming interview.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Immigration Attorney - Houston, TX

I agree with my colleague, the cost may be reasonable. However, call around. Get a telephone consult or two. When you feel comfortable with an experienced immigration lawyer, make your decision even if it costs a little more. Cheaper is not always better.

Theodore John Murphy

Theodore John Murphy

Immigration Attorney - West Chester, PA

Whether it is reasonable depends on the amount of work, the time involved and whether you are willing to pay that amount.