Moved and need new i751 lawyer for interview

Asked almost 2 years ago - Houston, TX

My i-751 case has already been filed with a lawyer in Ga but I have moved to Tx for a job. Infopass appointment stamped my passport for 6 months after one year extension expired and advised interview will be scheduled. As case has already been filed and supporting evidence sent with initial lawyer in different state,, is 1500.00 dollars a reasonable cost for a new lawyer to show up at an interview?

Forgot to mention this is for a I-751 waiver, should this affect costs?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

8

Answered . Yes, it is, considering that the lawyer will also have to familiarize him/herself with your entire file and possibly also prepare you for the upcoming interview.

2. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

5

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague, the cost may be reasonable. However, call around. Get a telephone consult or two. When you feel comfortable with an experienced immigration lawyer, make your decision even if it costs a little more. Cheaper is not always better.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

3

Answered . Whether it is reasonable depends on the amount of work, the time involved and whether you are willing to pay that amount.

One or more answers have been taken down.