MOTIONS FOR POST JUDGMENT D.W.O.P.

Asked about 3 years ago - Houston, TX

I pulled up our case on the District clerks office. We, my husband and I, won custoday of my stepson 4 years ago. I noticed now the status still says Disposed (final), but the "Judgement for" says "MOTIONS FOR POST JUDGMENT D.W.O.P. ". What does that mean?

Thank you

1. M Elizabeth Gunn

Answered . I have some different ideas on the possibilities there, but it's hard to tell without looking at the whole case screen. If you'd like to email me the case number, I'd be happy to take a look at it and see if it makes any more sense to me. No promises--I swear sometimes I think the clerks put in weird stuff just to confuse the rest if us and make us panic--but I do at least have the benefit of having looked at a lot of these. My email's elizabethfoleylawATgmail.com. If you don't feel like doing that, you can also try just calling the clerk's office and asking. Depending on who you get, sometimes they can be very helpful, other times not so much.

2. Cynthia Russell Henley

Answered . DWOP means dismissed for want of prosecution. It generally means that someone filed some kind of motion or request and then did not pursue that request so the court is giving notice that it is going to be dismissed or that it was dismissed.