Motion to Reinstate - NJ

Edison, NJ |

For a Special Civil Case in Essex County - After dismissal, how many days to I have to file a motion to reinstate?

You should move to reinstate within 60 days of the Order.

Here is a link to a special civil part form motion to reinstate.

http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/prose/10543_motion_spccvl.pdf

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

It's not 20 days from the date of the hearing? Someone told me it was 20 days, so I just want to be positive I do not miss the deadline! thanks,

Michael T Millar

Michael T Millar

Technically, there is no deadline to file a motion to re-instate a complaint which has been dismissed for lack of prosecution. However, the sooner you do it the better. The passage of time works against you. See Court Rule 1:13-7(d), which states that in the Special Civil Part after one year, you must show good cause in order to re-instate a complaint dismissed for lack of prosecution.

Thank you!