Motion to Dismiss...Do I need to produce a page with an order for the judge to sign?

Asked 5 months ago - Little Rock, AR

DO I have to produce a page with a place for the Judge to sign in my motion to dismiss like in a motion to compel? I noticed with all the examples I have seen there is no page produced for the judges order and signature page.
I have written What I believe is a very good Motion to Dismiss. But I have no page for the judge to sign.

DO I have to do a page with an order? I would rather not if it doesnt hurt my case?

1. Ronald Alvin Williams

Answered . In Arkansas most Judges do not want or need a proposed Order until after they make their decision on the motion since the decision may be based on only certain issues in the motion. The Court will contact you and let you know if they want you to prepare an order.

2. Shaye Larkin

1

1

Answered . In most jurisdictions you would draft a "proposed order" for the judge to sign. In some jurisdictions the judge will want to draft their own order. I don't see any harm in drafting a "proposed order" and if the judge wants you to change the wording, or if the judge wants to use their own order, they will let you know.