Skip to main content

Motion of venue from Mississippi to Texas

Cleburne, TX |
Filed under: Litigation

can an individual file a motion of venue to move child support from mississippi to texas?
How can one state hold on to jurisdiction when the child had been living in texas 6 months prior to judgement made in mississippi?

Because of child support being filed in Mississippi and requesting them to drop request related to decision to move to Texas within a week of filing(they refused) The child and mother have lived in Texas since august 24th,2007 which is ironically the date stamped on final child support order and then the dad who moved off to new Jersey knowing he was Dad came back after 2 year and 9 mth absence and filed for visitation rights in Mississippi because it was state holding child support order. He lives in Arkansas and mom an 3 year old live in Texas but had to go to court in Ms May 8,2008 which is crazy because at that time they had been in Texas over 6 mths-this is messed up ! Is it possible to move case to Texas?

Attorney Answers 1


Your question is confusing. Generally speaking, this is not a venue change. It would entail registering a foreign judgment in Texas, and once properly registered, enforcing it. Considering the issues which you allude to, it would be difficult to do without an attorney.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Litigation topics

Recommended articles about Litigation

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics