Skip to main content

Motion for Enforcement requires 20 day notice if joined with another claim. What does another claim mean?

Houston, TX |

1. I have filed a document entitled "Motion for Enforcement and Contempt", child support violation.
2. But now I want to file a "Motion for Contempt" regarding, visitation violation, not child this is a separate claim...right?
3. I also want to file a "Motion for Discovery".

If I file #2 and #3, then does change the 10-day notice requirement of #1 to 20-days instead?
Also, when I file #2, does #2 have a 10-day notice requirement, or 20-day?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


Get a lawyer involved now. A motion for enforcement and contempt is very technical in both pleading and proof at a hearing. Without an experienced lawyer involved, you won't get far. File your motion for discovery separate and apart forom the enforcement. You may combine the two enforcements or handle them separately. You need personal service on the respondent for the enforcement. GET A LAWYER.

I am not intending this to be legal advice, because I don't know the particulars of your situation. Call me if you would like to discuss this or other isues.


Hire a good local lawyer immediately and set up a free consultation.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer