Motion for early termination of probation

Vista, CA |

I have served half of my term, completed my community service hours, and have paid off my fines. How should I approach my probation officer with this? And What do I need to do.
If it helps I will list extra details
- I have one felony on my record
- Am a juvenile in San Diego
- Even after serving half of my term and completing everything, I still am on high risk probation.
If anybody could verify what I have heard about early termination that would be amazing.

If you're still on high-risk probation, the judge and probation officer probably think they still need to keep an eye on you.

You say you're a juvenile, which is key. The juvenile courts are supposed to focus on rehabilitation and the interests of the minor. Probation is not considered punishment... it's the court's effort to help you stay out of trouble.

Minors in juvenile court are entitled to a public defender, so you should start by contacting the attorney who represented you in the first place. Juvenile courts usually conduct probation reviews at least once a year.

Please understand that this is a general discussion of legal principles by a California lawyer and does not create an attorney/client relationship. It's impossible to give detailed, accurate advice based on a few sentences on a website (and you shouldn't provide too much specific information about your legal matter on a public forum like this site, anyway). You should always seek advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction who can give you an informed opinion after reviewing all of the relevant information.

I look at motions for early termination as a "nothing to lose" situation. The worst the court can say is "no." If you've been a good probationer and not in any other violations, why not give it a try? Contact the lawyer who handled your case, and take it from there.

Even when these motions are denied they often "soften up" the court for some relief a bit later.