Skip to main content

Motion for contempt for husband not paying child support.

New York, NY |

Filled motion for contempt for husband not paying child support. He ask the judge to sign QDRO to cash his annuity to cover what he owes me. The judge gave him time to May 15. He returned to court asking for more time. The judge gave him time to July 15. By July 15 the money wasn't transferred yet and my ex didn't show up in court. The judge gave him more time to September 10. When this is going to end? Can I do something about that? Can I fille a complain? There was no trial on this issue yet.

Attorney Answers 3


Be patient. The system is working with the father.

Good luck.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


You should file a motion for enforcement, money judgment, willfulness, legal fees, interest and even incarceration if the amount is significant. Not sure what is happening with the extensions and the no show and adjournments. You would need to go over the details with your lawyer or a lawyer.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

1 comment

Anne Peyton Bryant

Anne Peyton Bryant


Of you are attempting to handle this issue without an attorney, you really must consult with and hire someone. You will make more progress more quickly.


Sure you can ask for a trial, but at this point it looks like the Judge is playing "three strikes & you're out." See what happens on the next court date, but also be prepared to proceed to trial if the Judge grants your request. For a full assessment, schedule a consultation with a NYC Child Support lawyer.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Family law topics

Recommended articles about Family law

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics