Skip to main content

Mother wants to come to the us on a visit only how can she get a visa to do so

Raleigh, NC |

mother is in guatamala mexiso has not seen her family here in the us for 10 years how can she get a visa to come to the us for vacation only to visit her family and then return to mexico

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


If your family is lawfully in the US, your mother needs to go to the US Embassy and apply for a visitors visa. She must demonstrate that she has no intention of remaining in the US.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.


She must file an application for a tourist visa at the US Consulate in her country.


I agree wih my colleagues. For further info, visit the U.S. Dept. of State website.

Jamahl C. Kersey (619) 399-3662 is an Immigration and Criminal Defense attorney licensed in CA. The answer above is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Jamahl C. Kersey KERSEY & SABAWI 5703 Oberlin Drive Suite 201 San Diego, CA 92121 Tel: 619.399.3662 Fax: 888.765.5894

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer