Mother refuses to let me speak to my 2 kids.

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

i call and she will not answer, i text no response. she talks bad about me in front of the kids and now my 12 yr old son says im not his father. she is the parental who has them 10 1/2 months out of the year i get them at christmas and a month in the summer. im on disablility and they get child support from social security. because of my disablility. she threathens to take me back to court to get more money. will call me thorugh out the month and ask for more money. my son refuses to speak to me because she has made me out to be the dead beat dad to them. i live in atlanta and they live in houston, tx. i feel that its Parental Alienation on her part. what can i do about this because she does not act civil when i speak to her on the phone?

Additional information

they are legimitzed and we have been to court already and visition has been set by judge. child support and visitation are all set she just isnt following it. we went to court here in GA for that whole process.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Glen Edward Ashman


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Unless the children are legitimated you will need a lawyer to legitimate the child. And then you will need a lawyer, in Texas, unless you have a court order already from elsewhere.

    If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,672 answers this week

3,178 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,672 answers this week

3,178 attorneys answering