Mother passed away in November. Step-father of 6 years will not let me in the house to get pictures and personal belongings.

Asked over 1 year ago - Pittsburgh, PA

House and all bills in mother's name only. All furniture and contents are my mother's. He is executor of estate. There is no will. What legal action can I take to get in the house?

1. Jay G. Fischer

Pro

2

Answered . Please accept my condolences on your loss. If your mother had no will, then your step-father can not be an Executor. He may have been appointed as Administrator of your Mother's Estate. You really need to sit down with an estate attorney with litigation experience to discuss your options and to protect your interests. When someone dies in Pennsylvania without a Will, the surviving spouse is NOT automatically entitled to the entire estate.