Mother just died and estate is insolvent. Sister and I are named as pr's and are considering renouncing.

Asked 11 months ago - Indian Head, MD

Estate has 0 cash, about $300 in personal property and a home in foreclosure with about $25000 payments past due. We aren't sure if her will has been filed in the county of former residence and are considering just walking away. We don't have an original copy of the will. Input please?

1. Christine B. Adams

Pro

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . If there is nothing in the estate as you indicated, there is nothing to renounce. If you are not liable on the mortgage, then you can just inform the mortgage company of her death.

2. Brett D Weiss

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with Ms. and Mr. Adams.

3. Robert J Adams Jr.

Pro

3

Answered . Since you did not sign the mortgage documents nor notes there is no privy of contract and you can not be held liable for a deficiency.