Skip to main content


Los Angeles, CA |
Filed under: Foreclosure

I lost my property through a foreclosure sale. I filed a law suit against the Mortgage company and against the new owner of the property. The new owner is an investment company. The litigation is pending and the new owner filed an Unlawful Detainer against me. Today the Sheriff conducted a lock out on my property. My family and I were locked out of the house. We have no place to go. I have contacted the new owner and asked them to allow me to stay for at least one week and Im willing to dismiss them from the civil litigation, however, they are not willing to do so. Is there anything I can do at this point? Any judicial counsel form or motion that can help me stop this lock out? PLEASE HELP

Attorney Answers 2


There is little, if anything, you can do at this point. Your efforts, and money, would be best spent looking for new living accommodations and making arrangements to remove your personal effects from the property.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


Unfortunately because the lock out has already occurred and possession of the property has been given to the new owner, filing a motion to ask the court to give you more time to move is not likely to be granted. I agree with counsel that you should focus your efforts on removing your property to avoid any loss.

By posting on this site or answering/responding to questions does not create an attorney-client relationship and is intended to be an opinion only. My opinion is not intended to be a guarantee or promise of any outcome or result in your matter.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics