MORTGAGE FORECLOSURE

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I lost my property through a foreclosure sale. I filed a law suit against the Mortgage company and against the new owner of the property. The new owner is an investment company. The litigation is pending and the new owner filed an Unlawful Detainer against me. Today the Sheriff conducted a lock out on my property. My family and I were locked out of the house. We have no place to go. I have contacted the new owner and asked them to allow me to stay for at least one week and Im willing to dismiss them from the civil litigation, however, they are not willing to do so. Is there anything I can do at this point? Any judicial counsel form or motion that can help me stop this lock out? PLEASE HELP

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

3

Answered . There is little, if anything, you can do at this point. Your efforts, and money, would be best spent looking for new living accommodations and making arrangements to remove your personal effects from the property.

2. Tiffany Nicole Romine

Pro

2

Answered . Unfortunately because the lock out has already occurred and possession of the property has been given to the new owner, filing a motion to ask the court to give you more time to move is not likely to be granted. I agree with counsel that you should focus your efforts on removing your property to avoid any loss.