MORTGAGE

Miami, FL |

Can a mortgage company that doesn't own(mortgage) or exist at the time of transfer, transfer an assignment of mortgage, to another bank

1. Assignability is a matter of contract, so if the contract says so, then they can, and mortgage companies usually have very broad assignment rights. It's not uncommon for companies to assign rights to companies that will exist in the future. Check the assignment provision and see if it's broadly drafted.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

Business topics