More information needed on the term cooling off period. I like to know my rights on a consumer product and get a refund.

Asked over 1 year ago - Medford, OR

I called Dish Network because I wanted to try out their system since I heard a lot about it. Anyway, speaking with a sales rep. we requested a same day installation. Some of are questions were answered but the installation wasn't clear and the first month bill both were deducted from my account before the installation was done. I was also assured that if I didn't like the service. I wouldn't have a problem returning it. Well, on the second day we canceled it. Then we were told about it's a 24 month agreement and if we canceled we would be charge full price for a penalty. I didn't understand that when I had this dish for two days. I just wanted a refund and for them to pick up there equipment. I feel were being forced to keep this service unwanted for 2 years or face a cancellation fee.

1. Scott Richard Kaufman

1

Answered . You'll need to have all paperwork looked at by an atty. If someone takes it they may do so on a contingency basis. Look here for help: http://www.naca.net