Montomery County-PA. drug paraphanalia. dismissed. need expungement. cost.

New Britain, PA |

I am 20 yr.s old. I was arrested in Jan. 2013 for having drug paraphanalia. misdemeanor. it was dismissed. no ARD. I need to get it expunged. What would be the approximate cost. It happened near Norristown, PA (Montgomery county) I live in bucks county.

Attorney's fees can be anywhere from 500 to 2500. shop around until you are comfortable with the attorney and the price.

2. Most lawyers work out a payment plan so talk with an experienced criminal defense attorney.

3. Use the avvo find a lawyer feature, most criminal defense attorneys, including my office, offer a free consult to give you a better idea of what this would intail.

The above answer is for information only; and does NOT constitute legal advice. This answer does not constitute, nor does it create, an attorney-client relationship between KaplunMarx, PLLC, Theodor Kapun and any receiver. The information provided on these pages is general only, and you should not act upon this information without consulting with a qualified attorney.

4. You need to speak with attorneys who practice in Montgomery County. The "Find a Lawyer" feature of this site can help you identify such lawyers. You will have to speak privately with as many as you choose to get some quotes on the costs, including legal fees. Unlike the cost of a gallon of gasoline, legal fees, with very fee exceptions, are not openly advertised. Legal fees for this project, like most, will vary within legal community you are exploring. Please don't let the cost of the lawyer be your only consideration; that can end up being a costly mistake. Good luck.

5. Expunge nets in Montgomery county are not all that expensive but they do take a while. Right now the delay is about 4 months.

This information does not create an attorney /client relationship and should not be use or relied upon to make any decision in your case. Only consultation with your own attorney can provide you with the advice you need for your case.

6. Every lawyer is going to charge a different amount to do an expungement. You should act immediately because getting the petition filed starts the clock running. Montgomery County can be slow to deal with so don't let anymore time go by.

The above is a general answer but should not be considered specific legal advice for your case.