Skip to main content

Money has been deposited in a bank on my sons behalf by a church . What can we do to access this money?

Vancouver, WA |

A local church offered to match whatever amount we raised for my son. As a result all of the money we raised was turned over to the church to be added along with their money and a member of the church deposited it in the bank for my son on his behalf. My son would like to have this money and cant access it without the depositor and the bank said they cant give us their info and that we would have to wait for them (depositor) to call us. We've been to the bank two times and told the same thing both times and received no call. What can we do to access this money?

Attorney Answers 1


If the bank account is in the name of the church then nothing you can do directly with e bank as you have no direct access rights. Only choice is for you to contact the church asking them to release the funds to you as promised. Do not wait for the church to contact you. I hope you have this match promise in writing?

My answer is not intended to be giving legal advice and this topic can be a complex area where the advice of a licensed attorney in your State should be obtained.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

2 lawyers agree




Thank you very much. I am very impressed with how fast I received an answer.

John P Corrigan

John P Corrigan


You're welcome. Good luck to you and your son!