Modifying divorce property division issue

Asked 8 months ago - Priest River, ID

Divorced 1 1/2 yrs after buying property, i have been making payments for land and taxes 8 yrs, tried to sell it and found out we needed an access easement which we are unable to get. The property is worth less than the balance owed,( he was aware of the easement issue when we attempted to sell it 8 yrs ago) After 4 yrs of trying to get ex's address mailed him a letter explaining the loss in value w/a current tax assessment as well as the reimbursements he would have for me in the miracle event we could sell the land and would he please sign the quit claim , his response " any further communication or correspondence will be ignored".

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Paula Brown Sinclair

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Do you have a legal question?

    This answer is offered as a public service for general information only and may not be relied upon as legal advice.

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,449 answers this week

2,982 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,449 answers this week

2,982 attorneys answering