Modification of Child Support/child support guidelines

Cape Coral, FL |

For child support guidelines, are the costs if my ex wife's health insurance for herself &(not for the kids) included in the guidelines?

1. Her health insurance premiums are not used in the actual child support guidelines, but she is able to deduct the cost when determining her net income.

2. Agree with counsel. I would add that if the modification request represents a significant increase/decrease over time (simply project the claimed decrease, or increase as the case may be, out over the period of time until the children reach majority -- basic formula subject to change, but at least it gives you an idea of where it could go), then it is ften cost-effective to get a local lawyer involved.

The lawyer can actually be a cost-effective safeguard.

Good Luck,

DISCLAIMER: We do not have an attorney-client relationship. Only those persons who have a signed written fee agreement and authority to represent with me is an actual client. This response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than my educated opinion or viewpoint. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. I recommend you consult a lawyer if you want professional assurance that this information, and your interpretation of it, is appropriate to your particular situation. Do not act on any information in this response without seeking legal advice from an attorney in your area.

Child support topics