Mobile home park manager withholding Title of trailer 15 months after purchase of home.

Cocoa, FL |

15 months ago I purchased my mobile home from a trailer park in West Cocoa, FL. I was asked to give the manager 6 months to obtain the title (due to legal matters they were having with a previous owner), and then I would be handed the title. I paid for the trailer in full, and agreed to give her the time to obtain the title. Two months ago I asked if she had, had any success in obtaining the title. She informed me that she had indeed received the title, but now suddenly she is telling me that I have to pay her $100 to get the title. Is this legal? What can I do?

1. Have you asked what the $100.00 is for?? Generally, once obtaining the deed, same must be recorded and there can be documentary stamp taxes to be paid and recording fees.

The hiring of an attorney is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualications and experience.