Mistemenor Probation Violation in ID

Asked 11 months ago - Coeur D Alene, ID

So my sig. other was arrested Friday for an agent's warrant, probation violation, ID statute 20-222AW. He is on mist. supervised probation for 2 years for 1st DUI offence, and domestic battery... We did not take things as seriously as we should have and there was paraphernalia, very small amounts of marijuana and alcohol in the house when there was a house visit from the probation officer and an undercover officer. I was not home during this, so i did not receive a ticket. He had met with his probation officer only once before, and was completely honest with him, stating that we have been marijuana users for years now. My questions are, what are our options? What can we do? How do we avoid more charges that can seriously impede our future? How much jail time is he possibly looking at?

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

5

Answered . Ms. Holton gave prudent advice -- you need a criminal defense attorney and need to understand that there is no privacy regarding things you post on a public forum such as this website!!

2. Kathryn Mary Holton

4

Answered . You should contact/hire a Criminal defense attorney ASAP, and do not post any more admissions/confession in this public forum for your prosecutor to read.

3. Derek Anthony Patrin

Pro

3

Answered . Your significant other needs to contact his previous attorney for the DUI to get some detailed advice. If he never hired an attorney, it sounds like now is the time for you to do this. At a minimum aside from getting counsel hired, he needs to get a chemical use assessment and follow its recommendations regarding any classes, counseling or treatment.