Mistemenor Probation Violation in ID

Coeur D Alene, ID |

So my sig. other was arrested Friday for an agent's warrant, probation violation, ID statute 20-222AW. He is on mist. supervised probation for 2 years for 1st DUI offence, and domestic battery... We did not take things as seriously as we should have and there was paraphernalia, very small amounts of marijuana and alcohol in the house when there was a house visit from the probation officer and an undercover officer. I was not home during this, so i did not receive a ticket. He had met with his probation officer only once before, and was completely honest with him, stating that we have been marijuana users for years now. My questions are, what are our options? What can we do? How do we avoid more charges that can seriously impede our future? How much jail time is he possibly looking at?

1. You should contact/hire a Criminal defense attorney ASAP, and do not post any more admissions/confession in this public forum for your prosecutor to read.

2. Ms. Holton gave prudent advice -- you need a criminal defense attorney and need to understand that there is no privacy regarding things you post on a public forum such as this website!!

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

3. Your significant other needs to contact his previous attorney for the DUI to get some detailed advice. If he never hired an attorney, it sounds like now is the time for you to do this. At a minimum aside from getting counsel hired, he needs to get a chemical use assessment and follow its recommendations regarding any classes, counseling or treatment.