Mistakes in asylum application

Asked over 1 year ago - Orange, CA

An attorney prepared my application and there are multiple mistakes on the form ,
like there says one date in my declaration and another date in my form , Is it gonna effect my chances ? or is there a way to fix that , I still haven't gone to the interview

1. Ronald Jeffrey Tasoff

2

Answered . You can make corrections at the interview.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

2

Answered . Wow. Those attorneys! They are always to blame, ha? Where were you looking when you signed that application? The other way?

3. Michael E. Piston

1

Answered . I concur with Mr. Tasoff. Bring a corrected copy of the affidavit to the interview. I also agree with Mr. Segal that you do have a duty to review whatever you sign carefully. Fortunately, you did eventually catch the error and are now taking prompt steps to rectify it. Under these circumstances I doubt any damage has been done.