Missed Re-entry permit's Biometric appointment. Can I recover application status?

Asked over 1 year ago - Spring Valley, CA

My son is 9 years old, He has green card since 2008.
My ex-wife submitted form I 131 for his re-entry permit last year (in Jun 2012)
After that she couldn't wait until the appointment day.
My son missed the appointment and didn't appear for doing his Biometric
She brought my son go back country and they have been staying there for 10 months.
Now she'll come back the U.S soon and she want to reapply I 131 for him.
I checked on USCIS website with my son receipt N0. My son case is being showed on review status.
My question is can I recover my son's application and arrange for a new Biometric appointment? and how can I do that for him?
Thanks for your advice and Best regards,

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can attend the support center with the old invitation letter as soon as possible and have your bio metrics taken out of like. Will have to do some begging though.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866)... more
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can try to call the 800 number on the I-131 fee receipt.

    Most likely he abandoned the application by leaving and failing to appear for the biometrics.

    Also, BE CAREFUL if he's been gone for 10 months, his residence is at risk .... especially if he attended school in the former 'home' country.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Gen Kimura

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You have to contact USCIS asap.

    This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,578 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,578 answers this week

3,051 attorneys answering