Missed Re-entry permit's Biometric appointment. Can I recover application status?

Spring Valley, CA |

My son is 9 years old, He has green card since 2008.
My ex-wife submitted form I 131 for his re-entry permit last year (in Jun 2012)
After that she couldn't wait until the appointment day.
My son missed the appointment and didn't appear for doing his Biometric
She brought my son go back country and they have been staying there for 10 months.
Now she'll come back the U.S soon and she want to reapply I 131 for him.
I checked on USCIS website with my son receipt N0. My son case is being showed on review status.
My question is can I recover my son's application and arrange for a new Biometric appointment? and how can I do that for him?
Thanks for your advice and Best regards,

You can try to call the 800 number on the I-131 fee receipt.

Most likely he abandoned the application by leaving and failing to appear for the biometrics.

Also, BE CAREFUL if he's been gone for 10 months, his residence is at risk .... especially if he attended school in the former 'home' country.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

You can attend the support center with the old invitation letter as soon as possible and have your bio metrics taken out of like. Will have to do some begging though.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

I agree with my colleagues. You have to contact USCIS asap.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

Recommended articles about Immigration