Missed my court date for 2nd dui

i went to my arraignment which was my first court date, but never showed up for my 2nd sentencing court date, what is most likely going to happen i am very scared

1. almost guaranteed a bench warrant for your arrest has been issued. Do NOT ignore your court date, just go back to court and explain the judge why you did not go to court (hopefully you have a good excuse) OR if you can afford to hire an attorney, do so, that way first of all the attorney will take care of the bench warrant for you and then you don't have to appear in the future hearings, the attorney will appear on your behalf.

Sharon Paris Babakhan
    818-480-3571
    www.sharonbabakhanlaw.com

2. You have a warrant for your arrest. If this was a sentencing date, that sentence may no longer be on the table and could be enhanced now. Best to speak to a local attorney to determine options based on specific circumstances.

Any information provided through Avvo.com in response to a question is not, and cannot be considered a formation of any Attorney-Client relationship. Questioner understands that the nature of this system allows only for a cursory review of case information, and more detailed information should not be divulged in this public forum. As such, Questioner is recommended to contact an Attorney in order to discuss the full details of their case and a more specific advisement of potential rights and liabilities.

3. Judge will issue a bench warrant for your arrest, meaning if you are pulled over by a police officer, they will arrest you and take you to jail. I'd get an attorney, have them appear for you and quash the warrant. And with an attorney, you will give yourself the best possible chance at avoiding a 2nd DUI. Best of luck.

The answer above is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice or form an attorney-client relationship. The above response should not be relied upon for any specific situation. If you need legal advice specific to your needs, you should consult with a licensed attorney.

4. The Judge likely issued a bench warrant for your arrest. Although unlikely that an officer would appear at your door on a bench warrant for circumstances that you described, if you get stopped by an officer (say for a traffic ticket), the cop will likely see that bench warrant and can take you into custody right then and there.

You should speak to an attorney about the warrant issue, as well as the underlying DUI charge.

Legal disclaimer: This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm.

5. Read the answers to your other postings of the same question. Asking over and over again is a waste of your time and energy.

Jasen Nielsen

6. If you did not have an attorney present, then there's most likely a bench warrant out for your arrest. You need to add your case onto the court calendar and appear in court as soon as possible. Otherwise, you run the risk of being taken into custody. Once you appear, the Judge will rescind the warrant and proceed with the case.

7. There is a warrant out for your arrest most likely. Get a lawyer. You know that. Unless you like the feel of handcuffs.

DUI court topics