Missed diagnosis in the Emergency Room

Asked about 2 years ago - Mount Pleasant, MI

I went to the ER in Mt Pleasant to serve abdominal pain. They gave em some pain meds, and anti-nausea meds, and sent me on my way. Two days later I was still in serve pain so I went to the VA urgent care in Saginaw (I'm a Army vet) and after doing a CT and having the radiologist look at the CT scans they sent me to another hospital for Appendicitis and to have it removed. The ER I went to obviously misdiagnosis me, and I could have potently died due to it. Due I have a claim to sue the ER department or the ER doctor that looked at me?

Pro

1

Answered . If you sustained injury due to the 2-day delay, then retain a local malpractice lawyer who can order your medical records and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

The answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is for informational purposes only.

Lassen Law Firm
    1515 Market St #1510
    Philadelphia, PA 19102
    215-510-6755
    http://www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

Licensed in PA & NJ. 29% Contingency Fee. Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  2. Joseph Jonathan Brophy

1

Answered . The real issue is whether you sustained any substantial damages as a result of the delay. If there were no damages, you don't have a case even if the emergency room provided substandard care. Potentially dying isn't an injury. An injury might be an appendix that ruptured during the delay, requiring more extensive surgery and a prolonged hospitalization. If you think you sustained a serious injury, bu all means contact some medical malpractice lawyers. They generally do not charge for consultations.