Missed court date for a fix it ticket... Which is now in collections. Help?!

Asked over 1 year ago - Duarte, CA

Failed to show proof of insurance although I was insured at the time. I missed my court date and I'm now being fined $889 and received noticed it's in collections. What do I do now? Since I've had insurance this entire time, can I get penalties reduced?

1. Seth Andrew Weinstein

1

Answered . The insurance fine alone is $889 plus the Failure to Appear fine. You can hire an attorney to appear on your behalf and reduce, if not totally eliminate, most of the fines. Give me, or anyone on this board a call.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

2. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

1

Answered . If you missed court date you now have a hold on your license. You must deal with this. The proof of insurance matter can also be dealt with.

Andrew Roberts

3. Michael Rutledge Norton

Answered . The sooner you act the easier it is to unravel. Hire a traffic attorney to assist you. There is probably a hold on your license as a result of the failure to appear.