Missed court date for a fix it ticket... Which is now in collections. Help?!

Duarte, CA |

Failed to show proof of insurance although I was insured at the time. I missed my court date and I'm now being fined $889 and received noticed it's in collections. What do I do now? Since I've had insurance this entire time, can I get penalties reduced?

The insurance fine alone is $889 plus the Failure to Appear fine. You can hire an attorney to appear on your behalf and reduce, if not totally eliminate, most of the fines. Give me, or anyone on this board a call.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
Los Angeles Criminal Defense Attorney
(310) 707-7131

This reply should NOT be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. At this time I do not have sufficient factual/legal documentation to give a complete answer to your question and there may be more to the issues you raised then I have set out in my brief reply.

If you missed court date you now have a hold on your license. You must deal with this. The proof of insurance matter can also be dealt with.

Andrew Roberts

The sooner you act the easier it is to unravel. Hire a traffic attorney to assist you. There is probably a hold on your license as a result of the failure to appear.