Missed blow sample on a in home Intoxalock device. First missed blow. Should I be concern and how should I deal with it?

League City, TX |

I have a In Home Intoxalock device. I have had a in home device for 11 months. Since, I have had the device I haven't had a violation or a miss a sample. Yesterday, I missed my 5pm to 8pm blow sample. I realized at 8:22pm that I didn’t provide sample. I blow in the device right away and had a pass sample. I called and left a message to my PO. I also e-mailed her with information of what I was doing between the time frame 5pm to 8pm. If anyone is familiar with Court 14 in Harris County on this matter. I will highly appreciate any advice. I currently have 2 DWI's. I just compeleted my first offense probation. So, I am only on one probation as of now.

1. One missed blow after 11 months is probably not cause for a violation. You did the right thing by notifying your PO immediately. And obviously it helps that you blew 000s shortly outside of the window. This will put you on thin ice for awhile, so continue to be diligent about your device.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

2. As an Austin DWI lawyer with 20 years of experience, one missed blow is probably not an issue. You do need to discuss this with your probation officer. Be sure you are current with all your other conditions of supervision

My answers are intended only as general legal advice and are not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for a full consultation with a local experienced criminal defense attorney. For more answers based on my 19 years of experience visit my website, www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com

DUI topics