Misdiagnosed, medical records wrong, if an amendment is denied, is there anything else legally I can do to change the diagnoses?

I was misdiagnosed in the emergency room. It is vital that it is changed correctly, but there is a chance it could be denied amending. If it is denied, but it is for a fact wrong, is there something I can do legally to get it changed? It is vital that the true diagnosis be put in.

Manchester, MA -

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

Contact the hospital director, and ask that this error be rectified.

Sponsored Listing
Emma A. Kremer

Emma A. Kremer

Litigation Lawyer - Andover, MA

I agree with Attorney Lassen. You should contact the hospital administrator to see if your records can be changed or amended to reflect the correct diagnosis. If your request is denied, and there is a particular reason that you need to have this record changed, you may want to consult an attorney to assist you with that. Best of luck.

David Brian Snyder

David Brian Snyder

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Syracuse, NY

I agree with my colleagues. You should contact the hospital. If they refuse to change anything, you can get another opinion and then send a letter to the hospital enclosing the second opinion for inclusion in your record. I have a feeling that they will not change the records because it was that person’s opinion, which was based on the medical information they had at the time.

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.