Misdiagnosed, medical records wrong, if an amendment is denied, is there anything else legally I can do to change the diagnoses?

Manchester, MA |

I was misdiagnosed in the emergency room. It is vital that it is changed correctly, but there is a chance it could be denied amending. If it is denied, but it is for a fact wrong, is there something I can do legally to get it changed? It is vital that the true diagnosis be put in.

Contact the hospital director, and ask that this error be rectified.

Thanks so much for your time and advice I appreciate it.

I agree with Attorney Lassen. You should contact the hospital administrator to see if your records can be changed or amended to reflect the correct diagnosis. If your request is denied, and there is a particular reason that you need to have this record changed, you may want to consult an attorney to assist you with that. Best of luck.

Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. (It lets us know how we are doing.) Attorney Kremer is licensed to practice in Massachusetts. Please visit her Avvo profile for contact information. In accordance with Avvo guidelines, the following disclaimer applies to all responses given in this forum: The above is NOT legal advice, and is NOT intended to be legal advice. No Attorney-Client relationship is created through the above answer.

Thanks a lot for the advice, I appreciate it.

Emma A. Kremer

Emma A. Kremer

You are very welcome and I wish you the best of luck.

I agree with my colleagues. You should contact the hospital. If they refuse to change anything, you can get another opinion and then send a letter to the hospital enclosing the second opinion for inclusion in your record. I have a feeling that they will not change the records because it was that person’s opinion, which was based on the medical information they had at the time.

Thank you for your time and advice I appreciate it.