Misdemenor A charges Expunged and DS160 Impact?

Chicago, IL |

Misdemenor A charges got dismissed and expunged. Do I need to report my arrest details on DS 160 form for VISA? If so, what documents I need to carry to Embassy during visa interview.

1. You must still answer truthfully. If the question asks about arrests the answer is yes. You do not however have a conviction as the charges were dismissed.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Yes.
    The certified copy of the court's final disposition of your case. NOT your "expungement" certificate, as expungements are worthless for immigration purposes.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.