Misdemenor A charges Expunged and DS160 Impact?

Asked about 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

Misdemenor A charges got dismissed and expunged. Do I need to report my arrest details on DS 160 form for VISA? If so, what documents I need to carry to Embassy during visa interview.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

1

Answered . Yes.
    The certified copy of the court's final disposition of your case. NOT your "expungement" certificate, as expungements are worthless for immigration purposes.

2. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

4

1

Answered . You must still answer truthfully. If the question asks about arrests the answer is yes. You do not however have a conviction as the charges were dismissed.

One or more answers have been taken down.