Asked over 1 year ago - Houston, TX

I was arrested for a Misdemeanor in California and the case was DISMISSED via PC1385 without any conviction probation or fine.

Since that after finishing college i have moved to Texas and now going to apply for Jobs.

My question is what is the best legal remedy available to me here in Texas to reduce the effect of that brush with law enforcement?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Cynthia Russell Henley

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . There is no remedy for you in Texas. If that case can be expunged / removed from your record, it must be done in California. States only have control over their own cases.

    You should contact a lawyer in the city in which you were prosecuted and see if you can expunge your record. It is worth the investment.

    Cynthia Henley

  2. Macy Michelle Jaggers


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Contact a California defense attorney about expunging the case from your record. Texas courts have no jurisdiction over the case, so a Texas attorney can't do anything for you.

    Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers... more
  3. Scott Douglas Marquardt

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You can only expunge Texas arrests in Texas. You need to talk to an experienced criminal attorney in California to advise you. Good Luck.

  4. David Daniel White


    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Keep in mind that a standard criminal history search run through Texas Department of Public Safety will likely not reveal the charge in California.

    Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
    1205 Rio Grande St.
    Austin, TX 78701
    (512) 369-3737

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

22,745 answers this week

2,628 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

22,745 answers this week

2,628 attorneys answering