Misdemeanor...

Houston, TX |

I was arrested for a Misdemeanor in California and the case was DISMISSED via PC1385 without any conviction probation or fine.

Since that after finishing college i have moved to Texas and now going to apply for Jobs.

My question is what is the best legal remedy available to me here in Texas to reduce the effect of that brush with law enforcement?

There is no remedy for you in Texas. If that case can be expunged / removed from your record, it must be done in California. States only have control over their own cases.

You should contact a lawyer in the city in which you were prosecuted and see if you can expunge your record. It is worth the investment.

Cynthia Henley
713-222-1220

Contact a California defense attorney about expunging the case from your record. Texas courts have no jurisdiction over the case, so a Texas attorney can't do anything for you.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

You can only expunge Texas arrests in Texas. You need to talk to an experienced criminal attorney in California to advise you. Good Luck.

Keep in mind that a standard criminal history search run through Texas Department of Public Safety will likely not reveal the charge in California.

Law Office of David D. White, PLLC
1205 Rio Grande St.
Austin, TX 78701
(512) 369-3737