Misconduct From Personal Injury Attorney

Dunwoody, GA |

I have unveiled the largest conspiracy in the state of Georgia in which my PI attorney was not only representing me, but also representing my employer. Isn't this a conflict of interest? I have endured ongoing harassment, defamation, misrepresentation, and slander by both employer and PI attorney. There has been an extensive amount of surveillance to the point it has become invasive and intimidating. This law firm appears to be highly regarded. I have factual information that will corroborate my story. What are the next steps?

1. You can always get a second opinion of any case. If you start the conversation with "largest conspiracy in the state of Georgia" or other crazy hyperbole, you may find your choices more limited.

2. A lot more facts would be necessary to comment. You state a lot of conclusions but little specifics.

3. Best of luck with that. I'm sure you'll be a billionaire in a month....

4. Find another attorney that is willing to look into the conspiracy

Attorneys on Avvo donate their time and your feedback is appreciated. Be sure to mark the "Best Answer" or Helpful" to your questions.

5. A conflict of interest is not a conspiracy. It is a conflict of interest. So, you ought to look into firing your lawyer and finding new counsel. However, as has already been suggested, you should lose the hyperbole and just stick to the facts.

We are serious lawyers for the seriously injured. I am a co-author of WEITZ ON AUTOMOBILE LITIGATION: THE NO FAULT HANDBOOK. The opinions expressed in this answer are not legal advice. These opinions are thoughts based on New York practice. We have no attorney-client relationship. Conducting a conversation with me through the avvo comments section does not create an attorney-client relationship. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future performance.

6. Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool so you can find a top-rated (10) Avvo lawyer within a mile or two of your house.

7. consult a new attorney and let him or her deal with it.

The information provided herein is for informational purposes and should not be construed to establish an attorney client relationship. To establish such a relationship, the prospective client would need to meet with me in person, and have a detailed discussion about all the facts and circumstances surrounding your case.

8. As you describe it, representing two clients with adverse interests, even if representation of the employer is not in a current matter, could be a violation of the Rules of Professional Conduct. It may be a conflict that can be waived, but notice must be given to both clients. I hasten to add that the situation you describe seems pretty far fetched; you should be 100% sure you've got your facts straight before you make such an allegation against a lawyer or firm. If you have those facts, you should terminate the firm's representation and file a complaint with the State Bar of Georgia. They will investigate your complaint and determine whether any violation of the Rules occurred.

This response is provided for informational purposes only. It is not a consultation and is not legal advice. You should not act or fail to act in reliance upon the information provided in this response. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship between you and our Firm. You should always consult with an attorney prior to taking any action with regard to a potential legal problem.

9. You have a right to an attorney you trust and is working only with your interests in mind. Whether there is a "conflict on interest" would require more information about your specific case.