Misconduct From Personal Injury Attorney

Asked 9 months ago - Dunwoody, GA

I have unveiled the largest conspiracy in the state of Georgia in which my PI attorney was not only representing me, but also representing my employer. Isn't this a conflict of interest? I have endured ongoing harassment, defamation, misrepresentation, and slander by both employer and PI attorney. There has been an extensive amount of surveillance to the point it has become invasive and intimidating. This law firm appears to be highly regarded. I have factual information that will corroborate my story. What are the next steps?

1. Scott Benjamin Riddle

Pro

15

Answered . You can always get a second opinion of any case. If you start the conversation with "largest conspiracy in the state of Georgia" or other crazy hyperbole, you may find your choices more limited.

2. David Ian Schoen

Pro

13

Answered . A lot more facts would be necessary to comment. You state a lot of conclusions but little specifics.

3. Andrew Lawrence Weitz

Pro

10

Answered . A conflict of interest is not a conspiracy. It is a conflict of interest. So, you ought to look into firing your lawyer and finding new counsel. However, as has already been suggested, you should lose the hyperbole and just stick to the facts.

4. Jesse Cole Kent

Pro

8

Answered . Best of luck with that. I'm sure you'll be a billionaire in a month....

5. Lee Alan Thompson

8

Answered . Find another attorney that is willing to look into the conspiracy

Pro

7

Answered . Avvo has a terrific "find a lawyer" tool so you can find a top-rated (10) Avvo lawyer within a mile or two of your house.

7. Andrew Raymond Lynch

Pro

3

Answered . You have a right to an attorney you trust and is working only with your interests in mind. Whether there is a "conflict on interest" would require more information about your specific case.

8. William James Atkins

2

Answered . As you describe it, representing two clients with adverse interests, even if representation of the employer is not in a current matter, could be a violation of the Rules of Professional Conduct. It may be a conflict that can be waived, but notice must be given to both clients. I hasten to add that the situation you describe seems pretty far fetched; you should be 100% sure you've got your facts straight before you make such an allegation against a lawyer or firm. If you have those facts, you should terminate the firm's representation and file a complaint with the State Bar of Georgia. They will investigate your complaint and determine whether any violation of the Rules occurred.

9. Michael R Varble, Esq.

Pro

3

Answered . consult a new attorney and let him or her deal with it.