Minor laws for marijuana in Maryland

Salisbury, MD |

I was caught with 6grams of weed, a bubbler, and a grinder. I am tunring 18 in little over a month.What should i do/expect.

1. It depends-have you already been to your informal interview with a case worker from DJS? If so, and they've forwarded your case for prosecution, you should expect the possibility that you are placed on probation. But hopefully you can do better. If you haven't been to your interview, you may be able to do some drug education and never have charges filed.

Nothing posted on Avvo or in response to an Avvo question or request is intended to be considered legal advice. For actual legal advice, please call Mr. Cleckner at 301-789-1616 or email at jay@mdnotguilty.com. He will provide a FREE in-depth consultation where your entire situation can be evaluated.

2. You should strongly consider hiring a criminal attorney to help you in this situtation.

3. You face the possibility of a criminal record and having to serve time. An experienced criminal defense attorney can help you evaluate the prosecution's case, any defenses that you might have, and any plea offer that might be made, so that you can decide whether to go to trial. Consider seeking a confidential consultation.

Information in the reply is provided as a public service. It is neither a comprehensive statement of the law nor legal advice, and no one should rely on it as such. If you have a legal problem or question, you should consult with an attorney, who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. Responding to a post does not constitute legal representation. I am not your lawyer, until we make an agreement and I receive my fee. Beware that posts and replies are not confidential. Anyone can read them.

Juvenile law topics