Skip to main content

Minimum workers comp coverage for independent contracting real estate agents ?

Los Angeles, CA |

On the C.A.R. Independent Contractor form it says that the real estate company has to pay workers compensation insurance even if it hires agents as independent contractors only. What is the minimum coverage required? Thank you.

Attorney Answers 3


You should ask the Worker's Compensation Insurer or Department of Industrial Relations, Division of Worker's Compensation at:

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Contact the worker comp insurance carrier and ask them.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Your insurance agent/broker should know.

This answer is intended as general information and not as specific legal advice. If you want to have a free consultation with me, please contact me through AVVO.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree

Real estate topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics