Minimum time for B1 to F1 transfer .

Asked over 1 year ago - Manchester, CT

i have entered US on dec 18th2012 and my i94 will expire on june 18th 2013 , please let me know if i can convert my B1 Visa to F1 visa .
what is the minimum time and the maximum time for the conversion . do we have any process where we can convert the visa in minimum time , something like premium processing in h1 .

please advice

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No premium processing. Speak with Designated School Officer.

    Please click the link below for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Pick a college, talk to foreign student adviser. You need to file for a change of status while still in valid status. Not every college has a batch in a time period you have left.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  3. Dana Roxana Bucin

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Depends on the school's timing for admission. Currently it takes, in my experience, about 3 months for a change of status, but that can always vary. No fast processing allowed.

    This answer is provided for general education purposes only and is not intended to provide, nor does it provide,... more
  4. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,298 answers this week

3,274 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,298 answers this week

3,274 attorneys answering