Minimum period of stay required for L1B blanket visa extension

Asked almost 3 years ago - Warwick, RI

I got the US visa 3 years back (Oct 2008). But I travelled to the US only after a year in 2009. I stayed in US just for 1 months and went back to my own country, Later during 2010, I came back to US and stayed for 3 months and went back to my country. After few months I came here during April and am now in US for around 5 months. Hence I have stayed only 9 months (total 1+3+5) in US using my 3 years L1B Blanket visa. My visa is getting expired next month. My company has applied for visa extension. Will it get rejected since I haven't used it efficiently? Is there a minimu stay criteria for Visa extension (Like minimum total stay should have been greater than 1 year for a 3 year Visa)?

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . The fact that you have not been in the US is not a basis for a denial.

2. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . That should not be used as a basis to deny the extension, i agree with my colleague.

Goodluck