Minimum period of stay required for L1B blanket visa extension

Warwick, RI |

I got the US visa 3 years back (Oct 2008). But I travelled to the US only after a year in 2009. I stayed in US just for 1 months and went back to my own country, Later during 2010, I came back to US and stayed for 3 months and went back to my country. After few months I came here during April and am now in US for around 5 months. Hence I have stayed only 9 months (total 1+3+5) in US using my 3 years L1B Blanket visa. My visa is getting expired next month. My company has applied for visa extension. Will it get rejected since I haven't used it efficiently? Is there a minimu stay criteria for Visa extension (Like minimum total stay should have been greater than 1 year for a 3 year Visa)?

1. The fact that you have not been in the US is not a basis for a denial.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. That should not be used as a basis to deny the extension, i agree with my colleague.

Goodluck