Military Spouse about to file for adjustment of status, immigration law

Asked over 4 years ago - New York

Being a Military Spouse I receive a Untied States Uniformed Services Identification and Privilege Card with this i was given a temp SS# for 90 days however on the I-130 form section C # 9. ask" U.S. Social Security Number (If any)"
I don't want to make any mistakes seeing i'm doing this myself... do i provide the temp SS# or do i leave it out ???
Also he will be deployed in a few months is there a way to expedite the intervew before he leaves or can i go on the intervew with out him...
Do note he is currently on active duty so we aren't even in the same state at the moment...

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Questions on the forms must be answered with accuracy to avoid complications in the future.
    If that is your SS number, then state so, if not then do not. Do you have an SS card with the number on it, you could verify with the SS Administration.
    If unsure you can provide this information later to the immigration.
    Make a request for an expedited interview and state your reasons.
    In most cases, immigration are well acquainted with the military demands and will accommodate accordingly if possible.
    Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,955 answers this week

3,186 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,955 answers this week

3,186 attorneys answering