Military Discharge during Reception battalion.

Cleveland, OH |
Filed under: Military law

My friend went to reception first week of July 2013. My friend got discharged and signed Early Separation papers and just a few days ago Stop of pay papers.

My friend said that they were off to "delta" today.

It sounds like it's another base to prepare to go home. They told me they would be without a phone for a few days. How long do they usually have until they actually fly home from "delta". If she went today( Tuesday 30th) could she be home by Friday(August 2nd)? Or would Monday(5th) or Tuesday(6th) of next week to be more realistic? I figured they don't fly home on weekends. I want to request days off of work but I have to do that early in the week.

Thanks and god bless

1. There is no way to predict. It involves manpower issues and every base is different.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.

2. If your friend was discharged--she'd be out already with no obligations.

Sounds like she is not discharged but has been rotated into a group of other servicemembers at bootcamp (or training school) awaiting discharge. No way to tell. She might have medial or legal 'holds' that could have her in a hold status for weeks or months--but that is pure speculation.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

3. No way to say for certain. She may be in a holding platoon pending discharge. Feel free to give me a call to discuss the specifics. You can find my number on my website. Best of luck.

Military law topics