Military breach of contract

Jacksonville, FL |

My military contract states that i sign up for 6 years and successfully complete A school, power school and prototype, and i receive the remaining of my bonus. I kept my end of the bargain and graduated prototype in Feb. They gave me a small portion of what they were supposed too.16000. Now they are telling me since i signed in august but couldn't get in til November they are paying me Novembers enlistment. That's NOT what i was promised. Is this a breach of my contract? I talked to JAG and they were not able to help. What can i do?

Take the military contract to a former JAG officer. I would do a google search to find someone that has that experience. It is always a difficult thing suing the government (most of the time you can't) but if you have a contract, both parties should abide by it. Best of luck.

I am a Florida Licensed Attorney and this information is for general information purposes only. Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Would i be able to get out because of it? If they are only going to pay me for 1/3 of my time then i only wanna give them just that. It seems the find a new way to screw me everyday and i deserve to get the money i was promised.

Chad Thomas Van Horn

Chad Thomas Van Horn

I completely agree with you. If they breached the contract that could relieve you of your obligations, but once again I would meet with an attorney that works with governmental contracts.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business