Michigan vehicle title question regarding a minor.

Asked over 1 year ago - Canton, MI

My daughter's vehicle title is in her and my ex-husbands name. We have the original title. Can he request a copy of the title through the Secretary of State and then sign off completely to remove his name from the title without her signature? She is currently 17 and her insurance is on his policy.

Can he drop her from his insurance policy once he removes his name from her title?

1. Reese Serra

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Best of luck to you. - Reese Serra

2. James P. Frederick

1

Answered . Yes, this could be done.

James Frederick

3. John F. Brennan

1

Answered . I believe so, he is effective "quit claiming" the title to her name, although I believe it would be best and preferred to have both title holders file. As she is the signature of a parent/guardian would normally be sufficient.
    Call my offices, or another attorney of your choice, with details for an appointment and a specific opinion.