Mexican TN Visa holder with a full time position. I was offered a part-time with another IT company with a TN offer letter.

Asked over 1 year ago - West Palm Beach, FL

Where should I apply for a concurrent TN ? Through form I-129 or can I go back to US Consulate in Mexico and fill out DS-160 ? I dont want my orginal TN to get cancelled.

1. Jeffrey Adam Devore

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . Concurrent TN status is allowed, but you can only have 1 physical TN visa. For concurrent employment your existing visa would have to be cancelled and a new visa listing both employers issued. Thus, you would be giving a consular officer the opportunity to cancel your visa. Thus, depending upon the facts of your case, it may be better to file with USCIS. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for case specific advice.

2. Carlos E Sandoval

3

Answered . For a TN visa you can apply within the United States with form I-129. But you should consult with an immigration attorney to ensure your proposed course of action wont have negative consequences.

3. Philip Alan Eichorn

4

Answered . TN's can be filed in the U.S. with USCIS as of October of 2012. Review form I-129 and the filing instructions. You may also want to consider an H-1B for the fall with either or both of your companies if you are contemplating immigrating.

4. Dean P Murray

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. However, you owe it to yourself to contact a lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues. A lawyer will work with you to ensure that all of your options have been explored and you are committed to the best course of action. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Also, please be sure to read my disclaimer below. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700