Metal found in wrap .. Part 2

New York, NY |

I posted yesterday but the situation has changed.. I ate a chicken wrap from Williams Coffee Pub 3 days ago and bit into a 2cm piece of metal which was sharp on both ends and covered in charcoal. I contacted the store manager who offered me a refund but took the metal stating they need it to figure out where it came from. Luckily I took a photo of the wrap and metal. I proceeded to contact the head office who said they would reimburse me for any costs associated with my injuries. I had a cut on the inside of my mouth and had to get a tetanus shot. I went to the dentist and am now facing a 8000$ dental surgery including bone grafts. The ins. co. wants to know how much I expect for compensation.. Any suggestions? One lawyer stated not accept less than $30,000 incl medical bills

1. Get the best personal injury attorney in your area who has an expertise in dental injuries. There are several excellent PI attorneys on the AVVO Find a Lawyer feature. The attorney's fees are generally contingent on obtaining a recovery for you. One problem with this case is that the need for bone grafts and dental surgery can have been a preexisting condition due to gradual erosion of bone in the jaw over time. An attorney will have to prove with dental experts that the cut made by the metal piece caused the necessity for this expensive surgery.
    I am sorry that you experienced this injury. Be thankful that you did not swallow the sharp metal piece . I am going to look at my food, expecially wraps, more carefully, after what has happened to other people.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** This response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, a general purpose response based on Florida law is provided. All relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter is not available. Therefore, I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, the review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Karen Munzer, PLLC, www.karenmunzer.com, E-Mail: kmunzerlaw@aol.com , Tel: (786) 501-6655

2. Document everything while its fresh and consult a personal injury attorney to protect your rights.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

3. Never negotiate with an insurance company without a lawyer. There are millions of lawyers out there, and hundreds of thousands that would take your case.

4. Consult with an experienced personal injury lawyer in your area. Without the details and an analysis from your doctor that the surgery is causally related to the metal you have a questionable case.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.