Mental Health Provider Medical Negligence?

Zephyrhills, FL |

A psychiatrist documented false and inaccurate information that is/will affect my custody case. He documented that there was an opiate addiction and period of alcohol addiction. There was never an opiate addiction nor stated by me. Furthermore, the Dr. documented that I started an anti-alcoholism drug a year after I stopped drinking just to please my ex-husband and aid in a custody case?? Pharmacy records are reflective of true and correct pick up dates. He documented that I moved into a women's shelter when moving into this county. False and lease is reflective. Made insinuations that I was drug seeking, yet documented that I was requesting to be taken off it?? I did request to be taken off and shortly after discontinued Xanax under med. supervision despite him "pushing" it. Case?

1. Unless you could clearly prove that this information was patently false you would have a hard time getting to first base.

In seeking an attorney on this site, beware of limiting your search to attorneys with a 10 rating, and carefully read the AVVO disclaimer regarding their rating system. There are certain factors that are given great weight which do not necessarily have any bearing on an attorney's experience, abilities, and results with certain types of cases. Accordingly, the rating numbers can be misleading. Also beware of basing your choice on the fee charged, as a low fee, depending on the skill, experience and determination of the specific attorney handling your case, could actually have an inverse relationship to the amount actually put in your pocket.

2. I'm afraid it would be hard to pursue such a claim. But you could consult with a medical malpractice attorney to fully review your case.

3. You can try to ask the doctor to correct his records, but it is unlikely he will do so.

4. I think there are numerous problems with pursuing the case from causation to damages. Context is important also - that is why was the doctor examining you?

This is a summary based on incomplete facts. You should not rely on it as legal advise. No attorney-client relationship is intended to be formed.

Medical malpractice topics