Medical question..Need advice Please!

Asked over 1 year ago - Mobile, AL

I had a CT scan in December of 2012 at a local hospital which the doctor said I had tremors and that was all , I have read that the dye put in an IV for the scan can cause thyroid problems , Well now I have that problem two months after my hospital visit . I dropped 40 lbs . in a month and noticed a huge lump in the front of my throat , I have to take medicine for a racing heart beat and thyroid medication and also tests on my liver every month or so and the shaking was an anxiety attack which was not what the ER doctor had diagnosed me with , I was tested for my thyroid before maybe 2 yrs ago and nothing happened I also had a heart cat done over a year ago and nothing happened so now I have to miss work , spend money on medication that I can't afford , I was not told about the dye at all

1. Paula Coleman Greenway

Pro

4

Answered . This is definitely something you need to look in to. In Alabama, medical malpractice claims are very difficult and expensive to pursue and even more difficult to win. However, in a case like this, I think the stronger claim would be a products liability claim again the manufacturer of the dye.

It is very important that you get legal counsel regarding your rights and what claims you may have. I would be more than happy to discuss this with you further and direct you toward resources to help in pursuit of your rights. Please feel free to email me or contact me at 205.324.4000.

Thank you,

Paula Greenway
    Greenway Law, LLC

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

4

Answered . Sit down witha medical malpractice attorney to discuss your rights and ascertain whether or not you have a claim.

Dan

Pro

4

Answered . I’m sorry to hear about this. Get the medical attention you require right away. The only way to know if there was malpractice is to retain a local med mal lawyer who can order the medical records and send them to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care. I’m sorry, but my firm only handles birth injury cases, failure to diagnose cancer cases, and wrong site surgery cases.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  4. Kevin Coluccio

1

Answered . Go to the "find a lawyer" tab and look for a medical malpractice attorney to review you possible case. Good luck