Medical marijuana dispensaries - california

Has Obama or the Federal government put a stop to the DEA regarding raiding or seizure of the medical marijuana depensaries in California?

1. Apparently not, at least as of several months ago. See the article linked below.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. No and don't expect them anytime soon - besides the politics, there is a LOT of money involved for the people involved that actually do the raiding.

This is more opinion that any legal conclusion from my work in the area.

Matthew Williamson

3. The following answer is not legal advice, and is for informational purposes only.

Marijuana is still illegal federally. However, Obama has made it clear that he does not want federal money being spent on DEA raids in states such as California where medical marijuana is legal under state law. At this point, my impression is that there are still some rogue agents that will raid a dispensary and take medicine and money, but in general charges are not be filed against the patients. (Not in all cases). For more info, hit the link to our website.