Medical malpractice perhaps?

About 11 years ago, my mother had her thyroid removed. Just today at a routine doctor's visit with our family practice doctor, an x-ray was performed that revealed an strange metallic object in her larynx/throat region around the scar left behind for the original thyroid removal procedure. Apparently upon a theoretical pre-diagnosis to gastrointestinal issues regarding food digestion properly, this has never been revealed prior, re: the "strange object". This has caused a noticeable change in voice as well as an unexplained pain in that region for her. Nevertheless, while in admission to the hospital itself, I don't believe she was even aware of any other procedure that may have taken place nor do I believe she was coherent enough due to pain meds to understand any papers signed.

Dothan, AL -

William Lee Messervy

William Lee Messervy

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Huntsville, AL

In Alabama, for an action involving medical malpractice, the statute of limitations is two (2) years from the date of injury or six (6) months from the date of discovery not to exceed four (4) years. If a lawsuit is not filed within that time period, the claim becomes barred under Alabama law.

George Costas Andriotis

George Costas Andriotis

Personal Injury Lawyer - Tarpon Springs, FL

Consult a medical malpractice attorney ASAP to review the medical records and advise you if a claim can still be made.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Philadelphia, PA

Contact the above lawyer in your state to investigate the statute of limitations issue first.

David Ian Schoen

David Ian Schoen

Medical Malpractice Attorney - Windsor, VT

Is this a foreign object? Are you asking if it extends the statute of limitations?

Related Advice