Medical bills came to 25038.08, physical therapy for 40 visits. Fair amount to ask for on pain and suffering

Asked 11 months ago - Sulphur, LA

Medical bills came to $25038.08 plus missing 3 months of my college education and Im trying to get an idea on what a baseline amount for my pain and suffering that I should ask for.

1. Gregory J Miller

Pro

4

Answered . Based on your medical expenses it is clear you have a very serious claim. You will be outmatched by the insurance company and it will take advantage of your inexperience if you try to settle this yourself.
    You need to retain an experienced Louisiana lawyer to assist you in making sure you obtain top dollar for your claim.

2. Albert Lee Crosner

4

Answered . Contact a local area personal injury attorney. Most offer a free initial consultation. You could contact a couple of attorneys and then choose and retain one based on experience and how comfortable you feel with that attorney. To pursue this on our own will not provide you with an adequate resolution of your claim as the insurance companies know how to avoid reasonable settlements. Hire an attorney. Sorry to hear about your injuries. Best of luck.

3. Justin Chopin

2

Answered . Some lawyers seek medicals X 3 to calculate general damages. But, that is a very VERY rough estimate. It sounds as though you have had a serious accident. You should speak to an attorney and quickly. You only have one year from the date of the accident.

Pro

3

Answered . Don't play lawyer, retain one. Why get a tiny nuisance settlement, when you can get maximum compensation with a lawyer? Just find a top-rated Avvo lawyer with a low contingency fee...

5. Stephen Ross Cohen

3

Answered . Your bills do not tell me what your injuries were, did you require surgery? More than once? What are the permanent damages. It is hard to tell you without knowing more, consult an attorney in your area.