Medical Assistance denied

Winsted, CT |

I have multiple physical and psychiatric disabilities, and have had state of CT run medical assistance for many years. I have recently married a man, who is currently unemployed and has also applied for medical assistance.
Today I have received a State of CT, Social Services letter not only turning my husband down for coverage of recent medical expenses, but denying my coverage... which has never occurred to me before!
Under the "reason" for this action, the only thing listed is "Your application for this program was opened in error."

You need to see a lawyer to provide them with more facts. There's not enough information here to enable anyone to know what the problem is.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.